Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Turn the page...

Six years back when I was boarding my flight from New Delhi to Raleigh, some very close loved ones had asked me, “Are you planning to settle down in US or would you come back?” I had said, “I would come back, but when – dont know. Maybe 5-6 years”. I had started thinking about how I wish to lead my life couple of years back and started considering if I should go back to India now.

Being close to family has always been the single biggest factor in this decision. I want to be there with them in times good and bad, happy and sad. Especially my ma - she has devoted her life to the happiness of the family and to enable me grown into the man I am. It is time she starts reaping fruits of her labor - be with her kids. And I miss ya ma...

However, what sealed the timing for me was my annual vacation ritual in January 2007. I was amazed at the pace at which things were changing back home. I decided I could not afford to lose out on the history in making and the exciting times India is going through.

The United States has given me a lot – acceptance, love, growth, most of all a perspective to look at things the way I could have never imagined. I am truly grateful to this great nation. I am going back home though. Maybe my true calling lays elsewhere.

I start this journey back home tomorrow...

Here I am, on the road again. there I am, up on the stage.
Here I go, playing star again.
There I go, turn the page....

2 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Blogger divineGirl said...

beautiful post :)

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger divineGirl said...

could relate to it so well... the charm of one's own land.. is irresistible...n ma.. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home